Friday, March 28, 2008

Blueprint

My life has been busy and boring, and that is why there has been no updated blog here.  It's been clear that that has been the trend in the family this week however.  Amy of course has done pretty well but even she hasn't been completely on it, so I don't feel too bad.  At least I'm no "Ter Not There".  I get the feeling that she started (and ended) with a gun (amy) to her head (ear).  No forensics needed.  
 
Have you ever known anyone who seems to have a lot of their prayers answered al tiro (spanish for right away)?  Felicia is someone I know.  Honestly, I can think of a handful of times that she's prayed for something, opened her eyes, and voila....there ya go.  Literally just last night that happened to her.  As we were getting ready for bed she got something in her eye.  You could see it right on her pupil, like a piece of tiny sand embedded there.  It wouldn't budge.  She rinsed, flushed, blinked, rubbed and finally called the O.R. to talk to a nurse friend of hers.  She hung up the phone, went into the bedroom, came back and said, "it's gone" with a grin on her face.  Knowing her past I said almost sarcastically, "did you pray?", "ya" with a nod was her simple reply.  That's one of several similar stories.  
 
I once got a fortune in a fortune cookie that reads: God will give you everything that you want.  I kept it and still have it in a frame.  I sometimes think that that was not intended for me but Felicia.  She has more than once said to me, "I always get what want", and not in a stuck-up kind of way but more like she was slightly worried about the consequences.
 
God is so willing to help those who are willing to help themselves when they put their faith in him.  Wasn't that experience that Felicia had like so many others we've read, heard, or experienced ourselves.  Remember when Dad did all he could to find Amy's wedding ring out by the pond and then prayed for help.  Well the rest is history.  If you haven't heard that story, ask Dad about it.  Isn't that the blueprint for life?  We put our faith in God and do all that we possibly can and he'll take care of the rest.     
 
    

3 comments:

Amy said...

I do remember that time we searched and searched for my ring. We gave it our best, but to no avail. You have no idea the relief and thanks I felt when Dad borrowed Mike's metal detector (very, very old, not in good working order, or so we thought) and he sat it right on the spot. I'm sure Dad can fill in some of his own bits. Prayer is so powerful. I do have a problem trying to rely solely on my own power to succeed. That's my lesson, rely on the Lord.

Jen said...

Thanks for the post John - I don't know why but it made me teary eyed ! Ok I know why - I'm pregnant and you have a way with words! I have a testimony of the power of prayer and I know that the Lord is always aware of me. I want to know the story of the missing ring told from Dad's own voice! Dang I miss out on things around here! Or around there I should say!

Em said...

I don't know Amy's Ring story either! Hm. Well sounds like a good one. I know I said my fair share of prayers for contacts stuck to my eyeball. :) And here I am today, blessed with no contacts permanently suctioned to my e-balls. :D