Friday, May 2, 2008

A very special birthday girl

This blog is written a little late, like 4 days or so, but I'm finally done with school and have been feeling a little guilty for not updated the blog.  As most of you know it was Felicia's birthday on monday.  She turned 22........22!!!!!  Sometimes I forget how young she is.  She took work off and I planned a good time for us.  I made her a booklet of coupons.  Back rubs, movie night with treats, dinner to anywhere she wants, and one for enough money for a nice shopping spree.  I know she gets a lot of joy out of splurging on fun clothes so I figured we could just make a day of it.  I'll have to say she's got spendy taste but she doesn't every buy anything besides her favorite fruit and a Red Bull once in a while.  So to the Gateway we go.  Her favorite places are Banana Republic, Anthropologie, and Bastile.  If you know those stores you know your "shopping spree" funds can be exhausted quickly but at least in good taste.  We had a great time and the day, if you remember, couldn't have been more perfect for outdoor shopping.  We even ate outside that evening by a nice fire pit that kept us warm from the cool night's air at Typhoon.  
Bragging Time:  You probably already know this but Felicia was recently accepted into the Accelerated Nursing Program at Weber State.  To elaborate on how awesome that is, Weber gets around 1,000 to 1,200 applicants from all over.  They accept just 90 a year and of that 90 only 10 to 15 of those are accepted into the Accelerated program and of the 10-15, a handful have already done a semester or two of the regular nursing program.  That program finishes the degree in half the time.  The average person applies twice and some 3 times.  This was Felicia's first time applying.  I'm actually not that surprised, with her being in the Pinnacle Honor Society and constantly setting the curve in her classes. 
This is just one of the fields of life that she excels in.  She is an AWESOME person and a great wife.  I love her so much and am so thankful for having her in my life.         

4 comments:

Amy said...

What a sweet blog. Sounds like you made her birthday extra special. Happy Birthday Felicia.

Molly Thorne said...

Fun stuff. I love coupon books. It sounds like I would like to shop with your wife. That is great about her schooling. I remember mom getting after you about your grades good thing you have a wife to keep you in line now. Us wifes are great.

Ging said...

Happy Belated Felicia!! I am such a slacker sister in-law. I am working on making it up to you- sounds like I've got something up my sleeve... And, congratulations on the acceptance to the accelerated nursing program. That is fabulous!! Hey John, you're okay too!!
Love, Ging

Em said...

I love you two, you're both doing VERY well in school (yes, even JP is become quite the student, if ya'll didn't know, ask him about his 99% test grades!) and I always look forward to an opportunity to celebrate with you guys. How would you feel about Grad school (or whatever) in Denver, eh eh???!

Felicia looks super cute in those pictures too. :)