Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Murse for me

  I got an evaluation in the mail last week from Weber State on my school experience and a request for me to set up an exit interview.  Nobody knows better than me how long I've been in school and that little reminder didn't help much.  I wish I had known since I was in high school what it is I wanted to do when I grew up.  It would have saved me some time.  "Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want."  I've gotten a lot of experience from my school.  I feel I've become well rounded from the classes I've taken and I've gotten to know a lot of neat people. If I had to list just one thing that I've learned during my years at Weber State I would say that I've learned how to learn.  That is an invaluable quality that can only be gained through experience and, well, we now all know I've got that.  Professors have presented me with the task to learn a subject time and time again.  Nutrition, science, english, spanish, latin, math, communication, law, swimming, religion, video productions, billiards, volcanoes, economics, accounting, stress management, telecommunications, ................... and on and on.  I've got a little bit of everything under my belt.  "Jack of all trades and master of none" comes to mind.  I'm glad I married my better half to get me on track.  With a lot of patience and just a little pressure she has helped me decide what it is I need to focus on.  So I'm here today (mostly for myself) to announce (hold myself to) that I am going to follow in my wife's footsteps and work towards becoming a CRNA (nurse anesthetist).  I have a couple other friends doing the same thing that have been cheering me towards that direction.  My good friend Aaron (phantom friend) says that we'll be murses together.  A murse in a male nurse.  So here I go!  Thanks to all my friends who have helped me make the decision and especially my lovely wife Felicia.           

5 comments:

JP Anderson said...

I'm going to comment on my own blog to get the ball rollin here.
I think that's an excellent idea John! That would be sooo cool to be able to work with your wife. Not many people can say that. I know a few people who are doing that very same thing. Have I mentioned before how incredibly HOT your wife is?

Amy said...

Scotty had some murses when he was in the hospital, and they were our favorites!!! Shout out for murses!

Em said...

haha. I thinks its a great thing with you both working in all that medical schtuff. Studying/competing with eachother in classes and whatnot must be a great bonder. I know there's nothing that can replace seeing my hubby paint and show interest in art, so I think its pretty freekin cool that you want to murse alongside your (yes hot) wife!

:)and i love the pic. ouch.

Unknown said...

John,

Very exciting news for you! I've always known you would be great at whatever you chose to do. Making a living as a healer would seem to be just the thing. I would imagine it would also be very fulfilling. Best wishes to you and Felicia as you continue to do good.

Scott

Ging said...

JP- That is excellent news! I am thinking that studying together ought to make homework easier and more challenging... Does this mean you have to "exit" Weber State and choose to become a nurse somewhere else? P.S. Scott and I will work together- but only because he knows more than me and has to walk me through the world of art as he knows it.