Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Ben Lomond Peak

Chay and I recently went on a fall ride to the top of Ben Lomond Peak. The conditions were perfect! The air was brisk, the ground was moist (which = no dust), and the leaves were turning. We were just about the only ones up there. It was one of those trips I was glad I had a bike (thanks Scottie) and a good friend who also had one. You just cant experience that stuff the same way in a car or on foot. I'm one lucky guy to have the means, a beautiful location, and a life-long best friend to enjoy an afternoon as much as I did. What a place we live in! You can put that on the list of things to do Scott L. It is accessible with four wheel drive.



7 comments:

Amy said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I love nature and good friends.

Em said...

AH John it looks beautiful! I'm glad you two had a chance to escape from your day-to-day and experience that. Its beautiful! Oh and thanks for chatting with me today, you helped alot believe it or not. :) Thanks bro, its not wonder you have life-long friends, you are one.

Ging said...

I never did learn how to ride a motorcycle. Funny thing is- it was Chay's grandfather who gave me my big chance. I biffed it- big time!! I might still have the scar. But I love that he let me try his motorcycle without wondering if I knew how to ride one. If I could, I would go to Ben Lomond- for now I will have to imagine the fun.

Chay said...

Wow! That ride sure looks tempting...I think we should go back up. Riding is sooo therapeutic, it's just so nice to get away from the cares of the world and see this beautiful land we live in, even if we are going 55 mph up the mountain.lol...Thanks for the ride Johnboy.

Ross said...

What ever happened to that Honda 90? I remember going full boar through a cut-down corn field on the back of that thing, just wondering when we were going to hit a bump or some sort of irrigation pipe to send me flying.

Ging said...

P.S. Go give Terri's photo a caption- time is almost up and she only has two!! Keep the game alive!!!

Ging said...

John- this is a nice post. Great pictures for sure. It is so nice to have life-lomg friends. I know you are busy because of how old this Blog is but you have not yet left a caption for Terri's picture "It's Like Being on the Yearbook Staff" is the title- git er done..... Check it out so we can play some more when you have a minute