Friday, July 11, 2008

High on a Mountain Top

There is a trail Felicia and I have enjoyed hiking that has engraven itself upon our memories forever.  The majority of the trips we've made to the top of Lewis Peak have been nothing short of amazing.  The first time we hiked it was during the first month of our new relationship with each other as boyfriend and girlfriend and the first time Felicia admits to having the desire to kiss me.  The second time to the top, after a short lunch and a great conversation, I proposed to her.  The fourth and most grueling hike to the top we were accompanied by our best friends Emily and Shawn.  We all packed our sleeping bags, tents, food, and any other belongings we thought we needed and slept at the top after the most memorable 4 of July experience I've had.  After Felicia lost her hot dog and we all lost our breath, we pitched our tents and found the prime spot to what ever fireworks Ogden, Huntsville, Eden, Farr West, Plain City, countless families and who know who else, had to offer.  We counted at least 12 different major firework shows.  Two of which we think might have been from Park City.  My camera did a poor job of capturing the fireworks but I did get breath taking pictures of both the sunset and sunrise, not to mention those of my best friends.  

Getting ready for the hike

  
         Watching the sunrise over Eden
        Sunrise over our campsite
The hike down


5 comments:

Amy said...

That looks awesome. So much fun.

shawn rowley said...

way cool.

Em said...

ahhh. JP. that was a great and good blog. I wish I could see those pictures bigger. that was a special hike. I had the most fun and loved your tenacity at taking pictures of all the best things (us sweating and grumpy while you try to capture a beautiful sunset). :) I had forgotten the significance of that hike to you two especially, so I'm more than ever pleased to be part of the continuing saga of the memorable Lewis Peak trail. :)

Ging said...

Very nice John!! We love to hike but have to limit family hikes to just a few miles due to short legs (not mine)

Ross said...

That's the John I know, regularly conquering mountains! Megan and I tried to hike Timpanogos earlier this summer, but there was way too much snow near the top.