Sunday, October 11, 2009

Second Annual Mantua Bike Trip

My best pal since childhood and I went on our second annual motorcycle trip to Mantua on Friday. You may recall we did this very ride a year ago, hence second annual. We have been talking about going on a ride for quite some time but as the weather gets cooler the pressure to go increases. Well we are both glad we waited a bit because Chay (best pal) got a new bike that very day we left. Like all things Chay, he got a "deal of a lifetime" on this bike and we were both all grins about it. The ride, although quite chilly, was great. There was a bit of snow towards the top of the mountain wich made things interesting as we were riding motorcycles and not snowmobiles. We had to do a bit of skiing with our tennies to keep from laying our bikes over as they fishtailed nearly out of control. *Mind you we are seasoned riders and do not recommend you try this at home. We were kind of pushing our limits with time as we raced the sun to see who would decend from our peaks firsts but not even the sun could best us (refer to asterisk).
I was suppose to work the next day but when I got to work, a 7:30 in Salt Lake, I got canceled. So off for another ride! We went to Farmington canyon and road in the snow again with some red necks who had set up some some things to shot with their guns (last couple of pics). Overall it was a great weekend with a great friend and we still have another ride scheduled for Burley in a couple of weeks. Thanks to Scottie for letting me enjoy his bike once again.

6 comments:

Amy said...

So glad you and Chay get to enjoy this yearly tradition. Nothing beats a great friend and beautiful scenery.

Jen said...

Fun for you two! I love those ole Burley friends too!

Em said...

You still do jumps like that!? Sweeet. Where's the human prop to jump over?? Oh yeah, she's in Atlanta. lol.
I'm glad you made something good out of your crappy-starting Saturday. :) !! (oh and I'd be happy to make you a Doug-ified Perfect puppy pic. just send me the stats and the pic.)

Chay said...

What a fabulous weekend. Lightning struck twice...being able to ride 2 days in a row just doesn't happen nowadays. Our Burley ride in a couple weeks will be awesome. Later JB.

Ging said...

I am so happy you have a good friend and a hobby you are passionate about. I am impressed by your skills too. I am also happy that you didn't shoot at any dolls. Right? It's the mother in me

Terri said...

I agree the mountains on wheels is awesome. To have your best buddy better. Good on ya for taking some down time.