Saturday, May 30, 2009

Blood Money

I have been donating plasma for, well, way too long.  Mom and Felicia cringe every time it's mentioned.  "I don't like it.  What if you get AIDS from a dirty needle?" -Mom  
Well as far as I know I haven't acquired any disease or virus but I have bought a lot of groceries and rented a lot of movies from the money I make doing it.  I get bonuses for donating on my fifth and seven time for each month.  I made enough this week alone to pay for my rent. (Don't quit your day job to do the same.  You'll be disappointed.)  Anyways, I took some pictures last time I went in so any of you who are unfamiliar with it can get a glimpse into my side job.  


Oh the life of a poor college student.  I love it.

9 comments:

Jen said...

Way to make some "extra" money! Does anyone have extra money these days!!?? I think I could do that - not afraid of needles over here!

Unknown said...

Ahh....memories! And I've still go the scars to prove it! Whatever it takes, John. Whatever it takes!

Molly Thorne said...

I donated blood once for a boy in our ward trying to get his Eagle. I got light headed and had to get juice and all sorts of stuff. I hate needles so bad, the thought of them makes me weak. Way to be strong

Amy said...

I also donated blood once- passed out. Embarassing! Scotty also donated plasma in college. The great thing about it is- it is actually helping someone out.

Em said...

Gross.
I used to be a big time blood-donater back in high school & college (blood drive champ!) but every since they messed up my records, I can't donate plasma. Never have, never can. *sigh. Guess I'll just have to work overtime for that redbox visit. lol.
Way to go JP.
(when are you going to post a non-gross blog? no more needle shots. ew)

Terri said...

I think its a great idea and someone is gettin alot more from it than a redbox rental. Can you really make enought o pay rent or should I say how cheap is your rent?

A THORN AMONG ROSES said...

I remember well using it as a form of survival in Provo in the early days. It literally bought our groceries.

Did they have a hard time with those puny veins of yours? LOL.

Savanna should live well while at college... rare blood type!

Ross said...

I had three friends in college that would donate plasma regularly. Two of them had fluids get backed up into their arm. Their forearms were the size of a small pig.

So yeah, I was never interested in that enterprise.

Ging said...

Oh Johnny- you can officially join the ranks of the college student poor!! Scott gave plasma for years to buy a computer to use while in college and we always ended up using it for something else like groceries. He still has the hole in his arm to remind us.